December 15, 2014

"Song-ography, the 'any holiday song' edition...



"O Tannenbaum"
Berlin, Germany


"O Tannenbaum, o Tannenbaum,
Such pleasure do you bring me."

-Old German Christmas carol



This is it.  A bit of the only blue sky I saw while in Europe.  And it came at sunset in Berlin.  Right outside the German Reichstag (Imperial building).  Otherwise, it was grey skies that weren't gonna clear up.  A towering, yet simply adorned Tannenbaum silhouetted by a fading blue sky at dusk.  Such pleasure do you bring me.  

**********

Tis the season.  A season of celebration that crosses many different faiths.  So let's leave next week's  Song-ography open to interpretation and individual celebration.  Next Tuesday's Song-ography suggestion, once again is...

HOLIDAY SONG OF YOUR CHOICE


Thanks again for joining in with Song-ography.  Please take some time to visit the other participants and see how they interpreted this week's song suggestion. Take a few moments to leave a comment, it's always appreciated.  And so much nicer than committing a "visit and run".   Tis the season...fa-la-la-la-la.






(click on image for description of Song-ography)


12 comments:

  1. Lovely shot! I do hope you are having a wonderful holiday season and enjoying your trip.

    For some reason the word verification won't let me use any ID besides Millie's. Sorry.

    Teresa from Eden Hills

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw some sun around here today too! A welcome sight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the lights twinkling on the bows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That silly little German tradition, the Christmas tree - oh I I adore it. The thing with Europe is when it is grey it is decidedly gray - but it is Europe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice song choice! My fave is Deck the Halls, and Frosty the Snowman (the long version.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I look forward to seeing more pictures from your trip. Hope you had a wonderful time despite the grey skies

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reminds me of my grandmothers tree - it looks like it has tinsel (they were German too - Steinbarger)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That would have been my choice as well. A song learned by every child at an very early age in Germany.Sorry about the weather....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful shot! I hope we do see more images of your trip. I would love to see more of Germany through your photos -- even if the skies were gray!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely Christmas tree! Great photo!

    ReplyDelete