November 9, 2013

Song-ography, the "All Kinds of Kinds" edition...


Leaves.  Each is one of a kind.  With their own markings, and their own hues.  Frail, easily crumpled and torn, fragile.  They are beautiful.  No two are the same.  Each has it's individual characteristics, an unique fingerprint. The leaves of no two species are precisely the same, nor two from even the same tree. Yet it's these very differences that prove to be a constant source of beauty and intrigue.  Kinda like people, dontcha think?   It takes "All Kinds of Kinds" to make the world turn.



"All Kinds of Kinds"
IPhone


"Now some point a finger and let ignorance linger
if they look in a mirror they'd find.
That ever since the beginning to keep the world spinning
it takes all kinds of kinds.

-All Kinds of Kinds (Miranda Lambert)


How less interesting and stunning this world be if we were not all kinds of kinds.


**********

I have to admit, this week's Song-ography was a challenge for moi.  Wasn't sure exactly what direction I was going to head until just yesterday.  So I can't wait to see what GPS instructions you relied on this week for "All Kinds of Kinds".  Before I start visiting your link-ups, take a look at next week's Song-ography title.  Since it's November, and those of us here in the States are closing in on Thanksgiving, and EVERYONE in the world could head in the direction of a bit of thanks and gratitude, I chose this...


"What a Wonderful World"
(more commonly known as performed by Louis Armstrong)


Looking forward to visiting your blogs.   Thanks for joining in on Song-ography!






P.S.  You can now find me on Facebook. Please hop on over to You'll Shoot Your Eye Out and give me a "like".




23 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great iphone capture of that leaf. And I'm thinking everyone will be glad I didn't choose all kinds of insects...I did think about...probably would have if we hadn't gone where we did today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I do love the differences in leaves. Great shot! And I would have loved to see all kinds of Kim's bugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I had never thought about that with leaves! I was just teaching my class it works that way for snow flakes!
    Great choice for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great theme this week! Love your capture. I too, love all kinds of leaves, especially now in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Indeed! Love your fun edit on this leaf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interestingly enough, I actually did very little editing on this....basically just level adjustment, sharpening, and crop. The rest was done all by the leaf :)

      Delete
  6. thank you, Kathy! Loved this video and am stealing it from you. It totally made my day... xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an interesting photo....not your usual style. Kind of cool to change it up. This one was tough for me too-as you'll be able to tell. I went a selfish route, but maybe my GPS just stayed at home in the driveway. I look forward to seeing how others interpreted too, after work. Off and running. Have a great day my friend. Go Birds?! Pats are on the bye, maybe the Birds are too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that leaf - makes me think of all the colors in this world, red & yellow, black & white……bottom line we all bleed red, we're different - yet the same & it would be a boring world if we were all just a number.
    Challenging song, but thanks for making me "think".

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your macro kathy! and it never fails to amaze me how there seems to be no end to diversity

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was funny being at the pond with this song in my head...cause it could have been leaves, trees, water fowl, people, clouds, rocks...It was staggering to see all the kinds of all different kinds of things! Brought a lot of joy taking all that in! Love your leaf...and that green to red transition.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful iPhone image! I love the parallel you make between leaves and people...so very true.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnificent image! Yes, we are on the same wave length with this song, as I went with all kinds of trees. Nature has all kinds of kinds of everything. Nothing stingy about it! Thanks for hosting another fun link party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome leaf shot, such gorgeous and vibrant colors. Leaves are fascinating and so are people. The variedness of humanity never ceases to amaze me nor does the wonder of nature.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hurrah for All Kinds of kinds.... It is a message that too many people seem to have forgotten, unless you are 'my kind' you are not the right kind seems to be an overwhelming tone in the world right now. Anything that challenges that is a good thing

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great selection!!! Thanks so much for hosting this weekly meme. I am always astounded by everyone's creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great thoughts and great contribution! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your leafy description and wonderful stained glass capture♪ All the best this week♥ http://lauriekazmierczak.com/all-kinds/

    ReplyDelete
  18. So true.. And what a cool photo.. I am bummed I miss this week. I haven't picked my camera up in days. So Sad...

    ReplyDelete
  19. A beautiful leaf love the colors and the contrast! This is the most happy version of "What A Wonderful World" - I need to join your song-ography this coming weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an amazing shot! Love the brilliant colors.

    ReplyDelete