...doesn't mean you are lonely.
"Dining Alone Isn't for Sissies"
Being alone gets a bad rap. I say this as I sit here alone. I tell ya I LOVE not having anyone looking over my shoulder at what I'm doing on the computer. I relish my "me" time. Then again, I relish my "not me" time too. So it's not like I WANT to be alone, it's just that I want to be LEFT alone...sometimes. Dining alone? Altho I've done it, it ain't for sissies folks. But there IS a method...
"The trick is to seem mysterious, like the choice is yours."
...AND to avoid all eye contact. Which totally works until it comes time to pay the bill and your eye avoidance talents work so well that you can't make eye contact with the waitress. Yep, I'm a mysterious diner who looks like she doesn't know how to pay a bill. But I digress. There ARE some times when "I VANT to be left alone"...
1. At the Movies. I WILL go to the movies with people. But it's soooo much better alone. I can go to whatever movie I choose. I can laugh at all the inappropriate times and not embarrass whom I'm with. I don't have to discuss the plot with anyone. And most importantly...I don't have to share my popcorn. Which is GREAT because I eat my popcorn one kernel at a time and it totally gets on my last nerve when I'm sharing it with someone who grabs it by the handful! If you don't like to share, it's best to be left alone.
2. At a Museum. Nothing worse than not being able to peruse a museum at your own pace. Ever go to a museum with someone who has to stop and read every placard on every exhibit? I married one. Love him. Love leaving him at home. I've come to realize how truly quiet it is at a museum. The sound of my toe tapping on the marble floor in frustration REALLY echoes! If you are impatient, it's best to be left alone.
3. When I'm singing. Let's just say if you are tone-deaf, it's best to be left alone.
4. Working Out. No I do not enjoy exercising. No I do not want to live life without exercising. No I do not want to talk to you while I'm getting thru my necessary evil. The ear phones and the lack of eye contact SHOULD be a dead give-away. It is NOT the time to ask me "What kind of music do you have on your play list?", or "Are you SURE you can lift that much?", or even "Ma'am, are you okay?" (did he REALLY just call me MA'AM?). If you hate what you are doing, and just want to get it over and done with...it's best to be left alone.
5. Clothes shopping. VERY rarely do I enjoy going shopping with ANYONE. Because quite honestly, when it comes to moi...I know best. And if I don't. I'm going to pretend I do anyway. Plus who likes to go clothes shopping with someone when you take an item into the dressing room and they say "Let me see it when you put it on"? You KNOW that will be the time it winds up too small, too snug, too plain old 'yuck'. Then you are forced to actually SHOW them? Like the vision in the dressing room mirror isn't appalling enough, now you have to do the walk of shame...and open up the dressing room curtain for someone else to witness the atrocity. If you don't like to admit you are wrong, it's best to be left alone.
Yep, being left alone is highly under appreciated at times...just ask my family. THEY love leaving me alone at times too.
Day #8. November 8th - I am thankful for my placard reading Better Half for being born today. Happy birthday Better Half. But I still don't like going to the museum with ya!
Here's where I'm linking up today ..."The Party's On"
Please join me on Sundays for Song-ography.
This week's song title is Miranda Lambert's "All Kinds of Kinds".