September 17, 2015

"My corner...


Where do you do your best thinking?  Pondering?  Problem solving?  Where do you go to retreat from the "busy"-ness of your world? Welcome to my own little corner, in my own little world (yep, just gave the old corner an update, overhaul, and extreme 'lightening up'.). Where my thinking might not be the best, but it's the best I can come up with at any given time.  The familial unit knows one thing for sure...once I cross this threshold they are to give no credence AT ALL to the following words which will certainly come outta my mouth when they ask me for something..."I'll just be a minute!".


"My Corner"


And I've been doing lots of thinking lately, in light of what's been going on in my world.  Which should not be confused with I have come up with any answers.  More likely, I've just come up with more questions...

Why are so many enamored with someone who employs the same tactics as a junior high bully?  

"The Donald" sure is entertaining and a ratings grabber.  Gotta admit, I've tuned in at times JUST to see what comes out of those perpetually pursed lips.  I've laughed.  I've grimaced.  I've scratched my head.  But after watching the second Republican Presidential Candidate debate last night it dawned on me. He's a dang junior high bully.  Yes, I KNOW YOU!  I've even cowered from you in a past life.  He raises his voice, he insults peoples' looks, he demeans others' intelligence, he calls people names, he over generalizes, he stereotypes, he berates, he is all bravado with little substance.  I'm sure if he could get away with taking another candidate and jacking him up against a set of junior high lockers he'd do it (take cover Rand Paul...just sayin'!).  And yet?  He is leading in the polls.  Yes, I continue to scratch my head (I would insert a good 'comb-over' joke/reference here but...I don't want to be a junior high bully).

Why does ANYONE watch "The View" anymore?

I very rarely watch daytime television.  I'm too busy in "My Own Little Corner" most days to even turn it on.  "The View"?   Haven't watched in years, but decided to give it a shot this past week since they had, yet another, shake-up in their starting line-up.  But there she was again. Joy Behar. The mouth who roared. The exact reason why I DON'T WATCH "The View".  Making fun of the Miss America Pageant's Miss Colorado and her monologue on being a nurse.  She raised her voice. She insulted her "costume"...which was actually her nursing scrubs.  She demeaned her intelligence and profession (even tho she should more closely examine her own),  and she stereotyped.  I'm sure if she could get away with it,  she would have jacked Miss Colorado up against a set of junior high lockers. Yep, another junior high bully suffering from a raging case of "Open Mouth, Insert Foot" disease.  Hopefully she won't rely on a nurse for extraction.

And perhaps, most importantly...Why can't I find any dang Ben & Jerry's "Bourbon Pecan Pie" ice cream?

Buttery bourbon ice cream with pecans, shortbread cookie pieces, and a whiskey caramel swirl.  I have looked thru local freezer cases until I can't feel my fingers anymore.  What could be better than the perfect combo of dessert and cocktail nightcap?  Well, you know why I can't find it?!?!? Because apparently it's only available in TEXAS!  Yep Texas.  Learn to share Lonestar State!  It's like Texas jacked poor Pennsylvania up against a junior high locker, acting like the junior high bully it is.  Everything is bigger in Texas...but let me tell ya...the people of Philly would sure like to get a bit bigger too by eating a few pints of Ben & Jerry's Bourbon Pecan Pie ice cream.  Okay all you Republican Presidential candidates, how about addressing this important issue of interstate commerce and SHARING!

Bullies.  Do we ever outgrow them?  Do they ever outgrow the need/desire to bully? The one thing I do know for sure is this...I will definetly outgrow my pants if I ever make my way to Texas for that ice cream!






Here's where I "link up" today


(Join me on Tuesdays for Song-ography. Click on photo for a full description)




21 comments:

  1. Seriously - political affiliation aside, he is a bully!! And immature and just ugh (I would think that even if he was liberal!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heck Tamar...I think that and I'm a conservative! :)

      Delete
  2. I have been trying to come up with a description I could live with of The Donald and I thank you for giving me the perfect one today. agree 100 percent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The part that kills me about The Donald is that he is leading in the polls because too many people in this country are fed-up with politics as usual. Too many of us are tired of politicians not doing anything about the things that matter to us. Too many people are so fed up that they are willing to overlook the fact that he is a boorish bully. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it! When you begin feeling you are powerless...you begin to believe a big bully might protect you.

      Delete
  4. I just want to know his true end game. He's playing at something, but using this whole "I'm running for president" thing to draw attention/ratings to the whole process.... Far from over, I say. Far from over. Probably the most redeeming factor of actually having to leave my house and go to an office every day (and there aren't many of those) is that I never tune in to anything day-time. These talk shows are all getting loud and tiresome (IMHO) and have to try and act like "live twitter" just to attract attention. I just chalk it up to the fact that I'm getting old, and shut out the noise. All that said, your little cornere looks absolutely scrumptuous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What does it say about our country when a bully with a bad comb over is top in the polls? So sad! I have never tried that flavor of Ben & Jerry's........sounds good. Your post was engaging and fun to read!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your corner. As for political candidates - I find the whole talking over each other to be infuriating and egos are in no short supply regardless of party. Don't get me started on the View - bullies personified.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a lovely corner = it would be a great place to work, or to dream..
    I hope you'll come link up at http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/09/allium-glorious.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new space is certainly inviting and I can see why you would want to retreat there often. I too am in the process of redoing 'my space'. Don't get me started on political candidates or the View....Haven't watched the view in years....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow..... that corner!!!! loved it! You definitely have pretty good taste! For some reason, even though we don´t get to vote, we also watched the presidential debate... Oh my God.... it was surreal... absurd, unnerving. The US reality is very very different from the reality in Venezuela, but when you choose a candidate that is a bully, just because you are fed up with the status quo... things can go haywire and can turn around and slap you in the face. We had a bully that turned dictator for 14 years.... he died and left us with yet another bully.... incredible! But don´t worry I really think that whole act has got to end , you have too many good people to choose from!
    And about that ice cream.... I NEED it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I just love your space! Gonna go home and re-vamp mine now, since it seems to be all over the damn house! And now I want ice cream, too! Think I'm gonna make my own Bourbon nut treat...yep, just add some nuts, a cookie, a few melted caramels, a shot, maybe even 2, of bourbon, can't be all bad, right? Great post, as usual! Have an AB FAB weekend, Kathy! Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your hardwood and that rug is great.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Kathy,
    Love your corner! and your thoughts on where and how to slow down - I actually am pondering about the same this week!
    The Bourbon Pecan Ice Cream by Ben & Jerry sounds almost too good to be true - Haven't made a close acquaintance with that yet here in Denmark (keeping my eyes open :)
    Nina

    ReplyDelete
  13. As a Brit the Trump is, as you say, entertaining, but to use over here he makes America look like a bit of joke when it comes to politics. I hope that he soon vanishes from things to be honest, as he really is a repellent individual in my humble Brit opinion ;)

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are good. A serious issue, giving it a little twist, a bit of you - et voila! The Trumps and Behars (I don't even know her) of this world are the reason we don't even own a tv. Every time I hear another outrageous remark by him on the news radio I tap forward. But you know what? The fact that he is leading in polls scares me. It scares me. Could it really happen that he will get elected?!
    On a different note - my pant size has gone up since my foot injury already, but bring on that ice cream. It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love your corner. A lot. :)
    Working on setting up a new office / homeschool room in our home at this very moment. Your corner could fit right into magazine and pinterest images that I seek inspiration from!
    We've lived without any television signal for 6-7 years now.. so it's been a while since I've seen the View, or a politician or celebrity (or politician/celebrity?) speak. I absolutely love it. ;)
    Good luck with your ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for joining in the fun for Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your corner so much!! I need one of those.... Stopped by from Pierced Wondering's photo Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I cannot take this Donald Trump thing any longer. He is coming off as a huge jerk and always has. I think he does raise some issues that need to be dealt with, but this guy? For real? This will be an interesting year for sure. I'm hoping we boot this guy, really soon. It's embarrassing. Your corner is awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your corner and I hear ya girl! Trump is a bully and I scratch my head that people are loving him! Never have watched the view. Rarely turn the t.v. on in the day time. And never heard of that ice cream, but anything with pecan pie has to be good! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete