April 5, 2014

Song-ography, the 'Happy' edition...


"Clap along if you feel like a room without a roof...




Clap along if you know what happiness is to you...


"A Sea of Happy"
All-State Chorus Festival
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania



...because I'm happy."
-Happy (Parrell Williams)


I know.  Two week's in a Song-ography row, where I have featured my Things.  I promise this isn't going to turn into "Thing-ography".  But Thing #3 was kinda happy this past week.  Like..."hot air balloon that could go to space"  kinda happy.  If music has charms to soothe the savage beast, then you just have no idea it's miracle powers on a drama queen temperamental teen.  State Chorus in the state capital.  High school musical performances, "Into the Woods" (Team Rapunzel here).  It's been a week of HAPPY.  And when Thing #3 is happy, well I'm happy too.  So happy, I'd sing about it.  But then again...why diminish Thing #3's happy equation?

(Thing #3 is in the second photo.  So as not to embarrass her, I'm not going to specifically point her out.  But...she is short.  She is on the right.  She is peaking over the shoulders of a couple of tall guys.  She looks happy.)

**********

Next week's Song-ography is full to the brim with possibilities for interpretation and creativity.  I say that, yet I have no freakin' idea what I'm gonna do with it...

"Photograph"
Nickelback

You know what makes ME "happy"?  Seeing everyone who stops in and leaves comments.  Seeing everyone who joins in by linking up.  Visiting every one's blogs.  Being inspired and motivated with every one's interpretations and creativity.  So THANK YOU..."because I'm happy".






P.S.  You can now find me on Facebook. Please hop on over to You'll Shoot Your Eye Out and give me a "like".


29 comments:

  1. Yep - a mother is only as happy as her child is. Clearly - these kids are brimming with 'happy'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in the choir in high school. This brings back happy memories for me. Music has always been a part of my life. I'm a firm believer it can soothe many things.
    Love seeing all the happy faces here along with Thing 3.
    No apologies needed for sharing what's dear to your heart.
    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun your daughter is having here and she is just so cute! Not that I saw her .... but just in case. Happy is such a great theme! And the spring weather is making it so much easier.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She must have a lot of fun singing inthe choir, and what a great experience it must have been for her ( and for you). She looks very happy and very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww! I have such happy memories of my own graduation, and to think, my own thing #1 will graduate next year...can hardly believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love me a bit of happy.... There is something to be said for everyone around you being happy just making more happy and I totally get the teen thing.... oh my they can do drama like no one else

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a kvelling mommy! The yiddish word for proud (0:

    Way to go Thing #3!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i would be thrilled to see all your "thing-ographies", i really enjoy seeing what other "things" are doing. my blog is kinda my life story!

    thing 3, would have enjoyed being with me ;)

    rea;;y nice pictures, i am glad you shared them. i fell the joy!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. * really....i should really just look up....i am way too confident!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can talk about your things as much as you want! This is such a happy post for both Thing and her mommy! Can tell you are so proud! Living in passion does make us joyful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I heard this song again this morning....I don't know how anyone could "not" like it, though I could use one less verse. All State definitely is something to be happy about and an accomplishment. I hope Thing #3 will continue to enjoy music through out her life. There was a poster I had in my classroom when I taught music...it pictured a simple bird on the ground, maybe a robin, and said "if you can't teach me to fly, teach me to sing".
    You're allowed a few "thingographys" especially with that last thing about to make your nest a bit emptier. Happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think we all do that with our things Happy, Happy, Happy

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a happy young lady........her smile is worth a million dollars (not because her Dad is a dentist either). Enjoy the rest of the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I do like that song. Congrats to Thing#3. Your naming convention has me thinking you read "The Cat in the Hat" too many times.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your lovely daughter is glowing with joy. And all the kids do look happy! Music can do that, and it's great to see these kids enjoying themselves in their music community. And when your daughter is happy, you are happy -- that is a truth of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such Happy photos. Thing #3 looks so happy, I can see why you would have to post this..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  17. This post looks so happy, and did make me smile. Thing #3 is adorable. I am sure she makes you happy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yes, I think that music is one of the components necessary for happiness in the school should be as important as math!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yup you made me smile.today.. My kids are moved out but it was I that was the Drama Queen.. used to be.. Calmed down some.

    and the next song is fantastic.. I have a secret.. I love that guy. !! Thinking about this song already and pics.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Nothing quite like seeing them so happy!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. yes ... i see your "thing #3" peeking out with such a beaming smile. And i bet you had the same beaming smile on your face watching her perform!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yeah, I see her. And even though I don't see you, I see the look on your face when you saw her there - all those see of faces, but as parents we just see the one, and smile big. Hope your week is going ok, Renee.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I see her! What an exciting weekend! Love that song!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Don't tell "Thing #3" but I found her in the photo! Everyone looks to be quite happy & music is a great place to start.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the happiness in your daughter's face and all the children's faces on photo #2... ! Reading your post made me smile, I've had Pharrell's song in my head now for days :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. The one thing I miss is watching Austin compete. It was all so thrilling. So I can imagine watching T3 sing. I bet it was beautiful and you "sound" so proud. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What wonderful happy faces! Congrats to Thing #3!

    ReplyDelete