February 15, 2014

Song-ography, the "I'd Do Anything for Love" edition...


...but I won't do THAT!"

- "I'd Do Anything for Love" (Meatloaf)


"Dining Alfresco"


Not what I had initially planned for this week's song.  But SOMETIMES, ya just gotta go with what is staring you in the face!  My thinking is it's better to spend time taking photographs of the snow, than shovelling it.  A romantic Valentine's Day table for two, alfresco, open air, out-of-doors, barbecue, wienie roast?  Hash tag...#nofreakin'way.  I would do pretty much anything for love...but def not THAT.

**********

Why is it February is the shortest month of the year, yet feels like it lasts the LONGEST?  We are on the cusp of a season change and personally...it just can't get here soon enough this year.  But until Mother Nature cooperates and is ready to turn her page, February and the never-ending winter it remains Next week's Song-ography is an oldie.  But not quite as old as the original sung by Simon and Garfunkel...

"Hazy Shade of Winter"
The Bangles


Posting earlier than usual.  I plan on plopping on the couch and Olympic watching, which means I'll probably fall asleep with visions of sequins and spandex dancing in my head.  Looking forward to blog hopping and seeing what everyone would/wouldn't do for love this week.  Thank you for joining in at Song-ography.  And as always, please let me know if you have a song suggestion for a future edition. 







P.S.  You can now find me on Facebook. Please hop on over to You'll Shoot Your Eye Out and give me a "like".





23 comments:

  1. So glad I don't have to look at that!! Gorgeous photo though. Not sure what i can use for next week...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well...how about a "hazy shade of whatever season you are experiencing at the moment'? :)

      Delete
  2. This winter has certainly tested everyone's patience and taxed their wallets. The longest February was the year I was pregnant with my first - thought I would be pregnant for the rest of my life and that some secret bill had passed adding extra days to that February - she was born the 27th. Oy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not what I expected to be sure. Spring is on the way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes - winter has gotten the best of all of us, but whatcha gonna do? Like you, I can't wait for spring to arrive - but I also am continuing to try & embrace the beauty of the winter now that the temps have started to rise above FREAKIN FRREEEZING COLD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter and I saw the Bangles at Six Flags Over Texas back in the 80's. They were great! I loved Susanna Hoff. I just Googled her real quick to see how old she is now....just 3 years younger than me. Amazing. I remember when she sang Eternal Flame that she was singing exactly how I felt about my own husband.....loved that song....no one could ever sing that song like she did. Thanks for taking me down memory lane!

    Oh, and I loved Meatloaf and A Bat Out Of Hell album.....or cd.....Paradise By the Dashboard Light....genius....and funny.....and I loved when he and Cher sang Dead Ringer For Love in the 80s.....those were some good times!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd go for the "Weenie Roast"....just kidding. Brrr....way to cold to be outside but it made for a great picture.
    Sorry I've been MIA for a couple of weeks here. Just haven't been able to get it together for the songs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just look at the depth of snow on the table! Definitely not that! Nice composition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We totally had the same idea haha!! We're getting MORE on Tuesday!! Stop the ride, I want to get off of Winter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm on the couch already this morning, Olympics on the TV and mug of coffee in my hand. Think I may stay here today!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is definitely a table for zero. I'm with you. We are warming up this week and I'll try to send you a bit of it. I love next week's song choice!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It must really be time for spring if Tamar is ready for no more snow! We took a tour of Fenway yesterday...in the snow!! It was wild. But I googled pics from spring training when I got home, and realized we'll be cheering on our guys again before we know it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. welll.....i LOVE it, shamefull as it is!! it's a great capture and perfect for that part of the song. i never realized how LONG this song is until i googled the lyrics, it's a very long one!! thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I declared winter over about two days ago ... and sure enough ... we had snow last night and again tomorrow!!! guess I was wrong :~) I love your photo though! I read in the paper that this is THE most misunderstood song ever ... it was kinda fun to read what this song is really about. Anyway ... thank you for hosting again!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great composition! Perfect using B&W!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great black and white. This will be a good shot to pull back out in July when we are complaining that it's too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think all of us in the northern climes are more than a bit tired of snow by now, but this is still a great image. I love the graceful black curves and the heaps of pure white snow...with more falling, of course. Your storyline makes it perfect for the song.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very nice! I like the contrast between the chairs and the snow. I haven't seen that much snow in a while but I remember those days and weeks like this!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this beautiful composition, beautiful snow anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am completely with you. Spring needs to arrive now!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your reason for picking this image made me chuckle. It is definitely not outdoor weather. I too am longing for springtime, I can't wait for daffodils and tulips and slightly longer days

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete