November 16, 2013

Song-ography, the "What a Wonderful World" edition...


"...and I think to myself, what a wonderful world."
-Louis Armstrong (original recording)



"What a Wonderful World"
Canal Towpath
Bucks County, Pennsylvania


November.   A time of thankfulness.  A time to fully absorb a message of hope and gratitude a song can bring our way.  A time to stop and appreciate our wonderful world.  A time to express love to all those whom we share our individual worlds with, and are glad to do so.  November. Gosh I love these special thirty days, because they contain my favorite holiday of the year.  Thanksgiving.  And I say to myself...what a wonderful world it can be, if we just stop to notice.


**********

Continuing in the spirit of appreciation and giving thanks, next week's Song-ography song is...

"Blessed"
Martina McBride


I want to apologize for not getting around to everyone's blogs last week to leave comments on your submissions.  I visited, I ogled, I oohed, and I ahhed...I just didn't leave comments.  I have no excuse.  So please accept my apology and know that you all continue to amaze me with your interpretations and photography.  I REALLY love when a particular song hits the right chord with someone and they embrace it with both their photography and their thoughts.  When that happens, then "I" feel blessed to be a part of it.  So thank you all for your participation.  If you have a song that you would like to have included in a future Song-ography....please let me know.  In the meantime, you all truly amaze me each week!


P.S.  You can now find me on Facebook. Please hop on over to You'll Shoot Your Eye Out and give me a "like"




20 comments:

  1. A beautiful fall photo and I love that flare off the bike wheel!
    I hope all of us stop more often to give thanks and be thankful than just on the fourth Thursday of November every year.
    I hope we all stop to smell the roses, hear the crunch of leaves under foot, watch a sunrise or a sunset, smile at a stranger, hug a child, call or text an old friend, laugh out loud, say I love you and delight in life.
    There will always be ups and downs but it is a Wonderful World.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this just made me smile! There is something about November - the beauty and thankfulness, ahhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi kathy, your image reminds me, of me!! or the view i have as i peddle on my path!!

    so beautiful, this really made me smile!! and a GREAT song this week, i had so much fun with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the important reminder. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful world & I am thankful to have found you and come to call you friend.
    I love visiting your corner of world every time you post...............

    ReplyDelete
  6. A lovely photo and post Kathy, and thanks to you for hosting every week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic photo - embodies so much beauty and the enjoyment of it. When you posted this melody for song*ography I was excited - but somewhere between Sundays the only opportunities I made it out of the house with a camera were to grab a few shots of the snow or venture around the fence for frost. All beautiful but not what I envisioned. I need to proclaim a "ME" day and head out in vehicle with camera (God willing there is any gas in my tank ... teenage drivers!!!)

    Have a great day Kathy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the pretty fall setting, and seeing people enjoy something they love with {perhaps} someone they love! Setting my heart on gratitude is pulling me out of a slump - it's so important! Starting to catch a little holiday energy/cheer over here. Wishing you a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful interpretation-love the glowing processing. This says fall all over it. I used to ride a bike along that path (nice and flat-whoot!). Thanks for keeping this linky going. I really enjoy it. I have about 3-4 weeks of class left. I'm looking forward to having some "free" time and getting back in the swing. Have a super day and yo, that's kind of a sexy looking video pic for next week. Hhhhhooooootttttt!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your photo is so pretty and peaceful. I would enjoy a stroll down that lane very much. It is a wonderful world.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful autumn colours, and love the sunburst. We don't have anything like Thanksgiving here but it would be nice to have a holiday that made us reflect on what we have to be grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous photo...and I agree, Thanksgiving is the best holiday of all. When I was a kid it was all about Christmas and those gifts under the tree...isn't is funny how we evolve as adults, and those material gifts suddenly aren't important anymore? Have a great week, Kathy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this. That's a great photo, and it makes me imagine the wonderful world that those people are a part of. This is one of my favorite songs, and I really enjoy seeing people's interpretations. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the little sparkle of sunlight on the wheel of the bike and the whole image seems to show a perfect leisurely way of spending a Sunday.

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a gorgeous path! Wow Wee! How can you not appreciate the best things in life on that bike ride? You are so right about this time of reflecting and enjoying. Hope you are out enjoying today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome shot! Such a beautiful interpretation!
    diane @ aug's blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful thought and shot my friend. Xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great shot...love the little sparkle on the wheel of the bike♫♪ Here's hoping you have another wonder filled week♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a beautiful scene. You've certainly captured a wonderful world of nature and companionship.

    ReplyDelete