February 14, 2012

"Love actually,...

...is all around us."
(Hugh Grant, "Love Actually")




"Follow Your Heart"


One of my favorite all-time movie (besides "Gone With the Wind") is "Love Actually".  If you've never seen it, it is one of those brilliant movies where a group of seemingly independent stories, intertwine as the movie progresses.  And as the title implies...they are all about love.  It is a movie which takes place at Christmas time in London.  For moi, the Christmas season never truly begins until Thing #2 and I plop down together, watch "Love Actually", ooh and ahhh over the merits of Colin Firth vs. Hugh Grant, and debate which is our favorite story line (Jamie/Aurelia, duh!).

I was reminded of the movie yesterday when trying to put together a post for Valentines.  You see, I've been feeling and looking a bit cr*ppy the past few weeks.  Under the weather, stress, not liking Bachelor Ben's rose choices, yada, yada, yada.  While on the computer I must have inadvertently (because I NEVER do this!) hit the  "i-chat" button.  The video screen popped up and scared the bejeezus out of me.  I had no idea WHO the old woman was looking at me on my computer screen, but she was in dire need of an overhaul STAT!  Let's just say I don't think I'd be getting any one's rose and it would definitely be the most "dramatic rose ceremony everrrrrrr"!

Well, truth be told, I think know I'd get one from my Better Half.  I told him my grisly discovery last night and he just laughed at me, despite my repeated assertations that it WASN'T funny and I was going to google "Botox" today!  It reminded me of one of the quotes from "Love Actually":


"I love you even when you are sick and look disgusting" - Jamie


So, to my Better Half.  Happy Valentine's Day.  It does not go un-noticed that you put up with a lot from me.  So in honor of this special day, I will run a brush thru my hair, I will smile, I will not complain about Bachelor Ben to you, and I will pretend to ignore the pile of dirty clothes plopped on the floor next to your side of the bed (that last one is a REAL sacrifice for me!).  See?  And here you thought I wasn't a cheap date!

Happy Valentine's Day to all...

--Kathy

25 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that movie! It is true, you just need to look for it in all the right places! Hope you and your man have a delightful love filled holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that you will find the pile of cloths gone. I only regrett that I did not have a rose to leave in its place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Great shot!
    2. Love that movie!
    3. The last paragraph in this post is so, so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, too funny! i know just what you mean... at 40, i am seriously considering botox, too. it's a bit disheartening to watch the bachelor and see all those gorgeous women and know i will never look like them again... those days are long gone. it makes me grateful that i have a hubby who loved me from the inside out... that way, when the outside begins {began} to go downhill, he still loves me. i i was single, i fear i would have to depend on my outward appearance more... and then i'd be in T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

    anyway, you ARE beautiful. and blessed!

    so funny that you used that movie for your post. i have this running argument with my sis-in-law about that film. she loves it. i didn't love it. maybe i have to see it again to give it another chance. i've found it's one of those movies that people either really love or really dislike... no in-between. and i've heard so many people talk about how much they like it. i better go get it from the library and check out what the hype is all about before i cast my final judgement. =)

    i absolutely love your photo today! so sweet {no pun intended}. thanks for your valentine wishes on my blog today. happy valentine's day to you, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that movie and that line! Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of this picture, yet it says so much. Very pretty!

    Happy Valentine's Day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well don't worry my friend, we can comiserate together about Bachelor Ben! lol

    Love the shot - I took a few last week and then my son ate my props! So I had to get more! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate that film - sorry! Watched about 15 minutes of it once and felt I'd overdosed on saccharine. Am I forgiven if I say I do love your photo however? :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loooove the movie too. Should actually watch it again sometimes.
    About The Bachelor - I always watch it way after the actual thing has aired in the USA, here in Europe we get to see everything way later. BUT you know what the up side is? After the final rose, I rush to google whether the couple is still together (usually the aren't...). Think about it, instant knowledge of how things turned out in real life!!! Dozens of gossip links of who left who and why!! The hard part is to stay away from googling until the final rose is given...

    ReplyDelete
  11. beautiful shot and post... happy valentine's day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gave me a great laugh for the day Kathy! Happy Valentines Day

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is such an awesome image! :) Happy Valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm soooo bad at remembering movies and titles. This one sounds familiar, but I'll check. Maybe I missed it. 'scuse me, but what about "Christmas Story" as a fave movie? Are you just checking to see who is paying attention?
    I think this selfie project is to blame for your feelings about how you look. Sometimes I look at my pics and just think "ewwwww". I have seen some nice ones of you tho' so I know it's not the case.
    Love your hearts and your valentine sacrifices sound perfect.
    Have a great Valentine's evening.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kathy....and omg...is the really your betterhalf that left a comment in the comment area that said...the pile of clothes is gone and wished he left a rose in its place? THAT MAN IS A KEEPER!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I've never seen that movie, but now I want to. And I tried to watch the Bachelor, but he is not really very hot, so I decided not to. Ha!

    And please don't get botox. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Don't think I have seen that movie...hmmm, best rent it. Sweet post and sweet pic. Happy Valentine's Day my friend. And sorry, not a Bachelor watcher so can't commiserate with you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the simplicity of this over at Texture Tuesday! So so good and loved your post! What a tribute!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It was a fun movie but it doesn't rank as best of all time for me.....love your image of the hearts - simple and clean.

    ReplyDelete
  20. you're so creative!

    i love this idea of an image. simple and neat photo!

    ReplyDelete
  21. One of my ALL TIME FAVORITE movies EVER!

    Awww... to thebetterhalf's comment. (so sweet)

    Love your photograph too! Happy Belated V Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have never seen that movie.. Now I have to go rent it. But I do watch the Bachelor and what the H*@& is Ben thinking. She better not be the last one standing. YIKES.

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete