August 28, 2011

Instant Click...

Goodbye Irene.  It's been nice knowin' ya!


"After Every Storm the Sun Will Smile"
Ambler, PA

Where:  
My backyard

When:  
Sunday evening, 7:15 p.m.

Sound
The creek rushing by at higher than normal levels, the buzz of a chain saw in the distance, kids tired of
forced indoor confinement and set free to play and laugh in the street.

Smell:   
"WET".  Not sure I can define that, but it is a definite smell and Irene left it in her wake.  Wet ground, wet trees, mushrooms sprouting in the dampness.  But very happy I have to go OUTSIDE to experience
it, and the smell of mushrooms and dampness is not INSIDE my home.

Wearing:  
Muddy flip-flops

Pondering:  
How thankful I am that we all got off relatively unscathed and unharmed from the wrath of Irene.
Very grateful I do not live in Florida and have to deal with hurricanes more than once or
twice in my lifetime.  And relieved that I do not have to watch "The Weather Channel" anymore 24/7!

Marveling at how wicked mother nature can be, and then turn around and produce such beauty as a sun flare filtering thru the greenery of trees.  Typical woman.

--Kathy
                   


10 comments:

  1. Love the rainbow colors coming from the sun flare! Glad you were unscathed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning sun-flare! glad to hear all is well . . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing shot ! Thanks for visiting my blog.
    Have a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful shot. Love taking photos after a storm. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo!! We too got hardly anything from Irene up here in New Hampshire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning lighting and beautiful framing! So glad you are safe and sound. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete