April 27, 2015

"Song-ography, the 'Automatic' edition...



"...back before everything became automatic."



"Automatic"
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania


A sundial is kinda PRE automatic.  Pre quarter in the payphone.  Pre drying laundry on the line.  And sure as heck PRE pocket watch, tellin' time.  But it sure connotes a simpler time.  I ventured into Philly last weekend.  To the Horticultural Center to gawk at the blooming cherry trees.  Two weeks of sheer beauty.  And the weather cooperated.  A sheer beauty of a spring day too.  Families were out strolling, setting up picnic lunches under the blooms, children running around playing tag.  So this is what it was like PRE technology.  People actually talking and laughing, face to face.  


...it's only worth as much as the time put in
It all just seems so good the way we had it.
Back before everything became automatic."

-Automatic (Miranda Lambert)


More photos of the 2-week cherry blooming season in Philly, to come.  At least editing photographs isn't automatic.  

**********

You know what I realized when I was contemplating NEXT Tuesday's Song-ography prompt suggestion?  That Billy Joel has been conspicuously MIA!  Gonna remedy that STAT...

"Scenes from an Italian Restaurant"
Billy Joel


Thanks again to everyone who stops by, leaves a comment, and/or links up.  ALL are appreciated.  And just a reminder...I've cracked down and started deleting links that don't make any attempt to participate in the concept of Song-ography, which is...

Song + Photograph = Song-ography

Each week's song prompt is merely a "suggestion".  If it doesn't speak sing to you, choose a song that does.  And remember that blogs, Instagram, Flickr links are all welcome.  THANKS!








(click on image for description of Song-ography)


13 comments:

  1. Working on my post now. I just LOVE this song. And everything it evokes. This photo is dreamy....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sundials are totally awesome. Maybe one day, when I have a garden, I will have one in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sundial got me thinking about the simple pleasures in life, like a wood in the woods and I automatically went to Teddy Bears Picnic,
    hope that is enough of a link?!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this song (and next weeks!!!). How creative to go way way back to the sun dial - great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was not familiar with this week's song so I had to look it up. I have to say it's not one of my favorites. I am familiar with Billy Joel...he's not one of my favorites either. But, I enjoy finding something to connect the photography with the song or lyrics. So, I'll stick with the suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo for this prompt! I, too, love this song and also next week's selection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome, can't wait to see more cherry blossom pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome, can't wait to see more cherry blossom pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely sentiments. I am feeling more drawn to the slower pace of real living lately. I'm inspired to be more connected to life!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have an old sundial of my dad's. Just waiting for the right spot in my garden :) Love how you framed this shot! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the sundial. Can't wait to see more of those beautiful cherry blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the blurry pink in the background.

    ReplyDelete