October 27, 2014

Song-ography, the 'Secrets' edition...


"They tell us from the time we're young
to hide the things that we don't like about ourselves,
inside ourselves..."



"Taking Down Screens"


When we hide things away within ourselves, screens go up and darkness slowly creeps in.  Taking down those barriers allows the sunlight to filter back in.  Chases away the dark and illuminates our reality.  Permits the sun to shine upon our lives.  Lets everyone see ourselves for who we truly are.  Unhidden. Revealed.  Multi-colored and dimensional. When that happens we can discover what was hidden is often more magnificent and beautiful than anything we might have otherwise pretended.

I don't care if the world knows what my secrets are.  Because I don't try to keep them hidden. Perpetually late.  Spends too much on some things. Doesn't spend enough on others.  Perfectionist.  Overly concerned about aging disgracefully.   Low tolerance levels for dishonesty.  Fabulous singing voice...in my car.  Could make a cat cry anywhere else.  I want everything done YESTERDAY. Eats too much ice cream.  Cries afterwards.  Can't work the remote controls for the televisions.  Tendency towards selective deafness.  Far from perfect mom and wife, but am good at giving it the old college try.  Totally spoiled rotten...realize it, appreciate it, love it.  

...so what, so what, so what?"
-Secrets (Mary Lambert)


**********


So guess what? Thought we'd try something different next week for Song-ography.  Visiting everyone's blogs each week I've noticed that some participants have chosen their own song/lyric when linking up, instead of going with the given prompt.  I kinda like that!  So next Tuesday's Song-ography song is...

**ANY SONG/LYRIC YOU'D LIKE**

The only request I make is that you please include the name of the song and/or the lyrics you are interpreting and creating with!  Because who knows...maybe I'll pilfer it for future use here at Song-ography.  So get your imaginations and cameras revved up!


Thanks for joining in and linking up.  Please take some time to visit a few of your fellow Song-ography bloggers.  It's always nice getting company. I'll be popping by too!






(click on image for description of Song-ography)

7 comments:

  1. Love your list of (non) secrets, Kathy. Very refreshing. And it is so true - 'illuminates our reality, multi-colored and dimensional', I like it. I also like your idea for next week's Song-ography.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true and so well put.
    Excited for next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Screenshot. Great find. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that's a cool screen shot. Love the colors. I hope your week is good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with every single word on your list! Especially the ice cream ...and the tears ...same happens with too much red wine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You sound like my kind of gal. I love transparency in people. I hate when I'm transparent and others guard. I think that has killed some of my transparency over the years, but really I crave honesty in others and really getting down to heart issues.

    ReplyDelete