Another day, more snow dumped on us, school cancelled again, stuck at home because the roads are too bad. Rinse and repeat. Oh woe is me. I know it looks pretty. But so do swans. Until one decides to chase you because they like the look of the bagel you are eating. Yeah, yeah, yeah...it's all fun until someone slips in swan poop and falls, just sayin'. I'm kinda feeling a sense of deja vu with this winter. Enough already, UNCLE.
"Just Another Day in Paradise"
Another day I'm stuck at home with the sixteen year old. I'm sure it's just as fun from HER perspective. Okay, I gripe....because I'm good at it. But there ARE some things I still like about all the snow days we are having, ad nauseum. Some guilty pleasures.
1. I'm saving gas on the car. Which means I have extra pocket money. I just need to get out before the spring thaw to spend it.
2. I can't get to the gym.
3. I CAN get to the refrigerator. Again. And again. And again.
4. The laundry room is a self-imposed no man's land because the wet dogs have it commandeered. Have you SMELLED a wet dog? How about two of them? No laundry today!
5. Which also means I can't get to the garage where we keep the snow shovels. The upper body workout will have to wait til the spring thaw too.
6. Luckily, I don't have to shovel a path to my television.
7. Since my sidewalks are impassable, no one will be making it to my front door today. 24-hour PJ's. There's GOT to be a way I'm saving money by sacrificing my dignity, right?
8. There's a "Dance Mom's" marathon. Not that I like that show or anything. I LOVE it. And I can watch it in my PJ's and STILL be better dressed than Abbey Lee Miller. It's official, I have no dignity to sacrifice.
9. Thank goodness it's a snow day, because I'm fully booked. Once I'm done "Dance Mom's": "General Hospital", "The Bachelor", and "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" await my arrival. It does make me feel better about myself that I watched "Downton Abbey" last night. I am well-rounded, multi-faceted, boob-tube watching machine.
10. The big decision on snow days comes later this evening: Kraft Mac & Cheese, or grilled cheese sandwiches with Campbell's Tomato Soup. Gotta love a meal that sets ya back 90 cents. With the number of snow days we are having, I'm going to be a freakin' millionaire by time television season goes into re-runs. Well, thirty bucks at least!
Snow days. According to Punxy Phil I'm going to have 6 more weeks of them. I hate rodents. ALMOST as much as I hate swans. I think tormenting ME is THEIR guilty pleasure.
Here's where I'm linking up today ..."The Party's On"
Please join me on Sundays for Song-ography.
This week's song title is the Danielle Bradbury's "My Day".