The week that was...
September 16 - September 23, 2013
Project 52 (39/52)
First a big shout out to either Mother Nature orrrrrr...to moi. I think I kinda nailed this photo straight out of the camera. I mean minimal adjustments in editing, no filters, pretty much exactly what I saw. ALMOST like I kinda knew what I was doing. But then again, Mother Nature put it out there for me to see in the first place. So, I'm gonna give Mother Nature top billing, and I'll take the Emmy for "best supporting photographer in documenting a Philly fall morning". A beautiful September morning, right out my front door. There are very few perfect weeks of temps and weather here in the Philly area. Seems we morph right from the dreaded HHH's (hazy, hot and humid) to cold, right into SLUSH and the greys, then back to the HHH's. But last week was downright Autumn perfection. Time to turn off the AC, open the windows, and let the Autumn air pour into the house. It was also time to close the windows at night, snuggle under a blanket while watching TV, and argue with Thing #3 that I was NOT going to turn on the heat....yet. Seriously, suck it up and put a sweatshirt on!
I soooo look forward to Autumn's arrival. Some look at fall as "the end". I always see it as new beginnings. So many things to look forward to...
1. Wearing boots...just not snowboots.
2. Breaking out the sweaters and blazers to wear with those NON-snowboots. It's just so cozy, plus sweaters hide a plethora of sins. If you see me in autumn sweatpants then ya might want to start worrying about moi.
3. Weddings. I have so many freakin' weddings coming up. And some of those are freakin' fall nuptials. If I had it all to do over again (not that it is anything I'm offering to the Better-Half!), I'd definitely opt for a Fall wedding...Pinterest tells me so.
4. "Bourbon Under the Stars" in Kentucky. Yep, heading that way in a couple of weeks. I don't even like Bourbon. At least...not yet.
5. Using my fireplace for the first time of the season. MAYBE I'll even sip on a glass of bourbon in front of that fire this year. NOT!
Spring Autumn cleaning. I'm a little back-a$$wards when it comes to this. Truth is, I need to make sure I have plenty of room for my sweaters and NON-snowboots.
7. 4-5 p.m. PRE-daylight savings time. Seriously, take a look at the light that time of day! After daylight savings time? Don't even bother.
8. Frost on a pumpkin. Note to self: buy a pumpkin.
9. Cooking more. Leading up til Fall, the Better Half would probably tell you it isn't possible for me to cook any less.
10. Blake Shelton on "The Voice" starts tonight. 'Nuf said.
Hellooooo Autumn. Hope ya stay awhile (you too Blake!).
Here's where I'm linking up today ..."The Party's On"