November 8, 2012

How does one forget World Wide Photo Walk Day?...

I have no idea, but leave it to get lost in my brain.  The same hollow recesses that somehow manage to forget WHERE I park my car every freakin' time I come out of Target (altho I HAVE perfected the art of looking amaaazingly non-chalant and chic as I aimlessly stroll the parking lot in haphazard fashion pushing a cart with a crazy-arse wheel).  Yep, took part in Scott Kelby's World Wide Photo Walk Day a few weeks ago. Yep, had fun. Yep, took a ga-zillion photos. Yep, got caught up in editing a ga-zillion photos.  Yep, stashed them in my I-photo folders. Yep, used a few of the photos in a Scavenger Hunt post and then POOF...forgot about 'em.  And THAT'S how it's done, voila'.  Outta sight, outta mind.  Why doesn't that phenom happen with that bag of peanut butter cups I bought at Target that I have hidden in the back of my pantry?

Had a beautiful day at Valley Forge National Park.  And I'm just gonna be upfront here and apologize for the massive photo dump I'm laying on ya.  Photos apparently multiply like rabbits when you hide them from sight. I'm pretty confident there is a potential "Science Fair" topic here folks.

Brief synopsis:  Valley Forge, George Washington, Continental Army, frigid winter, soldiers feet wrapped in rags, George slept here, I can not tell a lie (or was that one Lincoln?).  There ya go, my second grade history lessons in a nutshell.




Valley Forge National Park
Valley Forge, PA




"Wayne Monument"
(not John...but Anthony)




"Memorial Arch"
Valley Forge, PA
















(linked to: Nurture Photography Challenge)





"Washington Memorial Chapel"
Valley Forge, PA






























I know I've said this before, but one of the reasons I am so glad I've embraced photography is because it gives me a chance to take note of what is right in my backyard.  I can't even REMEMBER the last time I was at Valley Forge.  Probably an elementary school class trip.  How sad is that??!!??  So thank you to Scott Kelby for organizing World Wide Photo Walk Day, and to the organizers of this particular location.  It's nice to open up your eyes and see what is right under your nose.  Which reminds me...peanut butter cups, ARGH.

--Kathy

37 comments:

  1. You always make me giggle with your postings and your photos of the walk are all so very lovely. I know you are not asking for me to pick a fav but I have to say the the pic of the arches with the pine bough hanging is my pick. Looks like your day was perfect for a photo walk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the door handle and the "framed" autumn trees!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okie doke - you totally satisfied my appetite for arch pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to Valley Forge... it is a truly beautiful place. I look forward to going back there again in the future. Your pictures bought back some wonderfully happy memories

    Mollyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this images are all so pretty! I had to laugh about losing your car in the parking lot...used to happen to me all the time until my husband let me in on the best secret. I park on the same row every single time. I had not perfected your non-chalant and chic cover but I've got the crazy arse wheel down :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ummm, I forgot, wait I didn't know anything about it til I saw everyone else taking about it...bummer! And I'm glad I'm not the only one who forgets where she parked, Ugh...lol! AND....you can photo dump all you want all day long, gorgeous pics! keep 'em coming sister!! ; ) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photos are gorgeous - makes me want to hop on a plane and go check it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think I've ever been to Valley Forget. Love all the details of the architecture!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A lovely set of photos, I liked each and every one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, what a wonderful place, I'd have wandered around there with my camera too... those stone archways, you've caught them so marvelously (drama with the shape and light)... I'm your newest follower and rss subscriber (not sure why I thought I did that before... ) :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love visiting and following your blog too :)

      Delete
  11. Lovely shots. I love the detail close-ups.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgotten or not, I sure am glad you shared them - wow, beautiful! I absolutely love the shot of the pine tree with the arches in the distance. I am also a huge fan of peanut butter cups... :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ordinary Words...Lovely sequence of shots♫ Enjoyed..happy fall♥

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sense of humor always puts a smile on my face. Such rich colors and textures

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww I was all set to keep scrolling, I thought you were posting a million pics ;-) They were ALL lovely. As for the parking lot thing, I've learned my lesson about being on the phone walking into the store. It's embarrassing isn't it! You can't be but so non-chalant when its 100 degrees out. There's no strolling and you just have the look - "Where's my d@mn car!?"

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning images! Awesome sense of humor. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous photos! So many places close by that I rarely go to!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful photos..... I love your perspective in ALL of these.... GREAT!

    ReplyDelete
  19. my favorite capture is your firs capture of the arcs -mesmerizing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. photography does give us the chance to visit places we might have never discovered or remembered, plus we learn more through photography the sitting on the couch right?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. GORGEOUS!!! I ♥the arch pics! These go on my top 5 of pics you've have taken.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Very well done, Kathy! I especially loved the architecture closeups.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOWEE!! These are all so gorgeous! Now I want to visit!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Amazing architecture -- love the little wrought iron ornament at the window. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW!! Amazing photos my friend. So glad you got out to see what was right there. And I am so glad your shared it with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your shots of Valley Forge, and as always your processing is impeccable. I have never been to Valley Forge, and I see that it is a place that I will need to go sometime. Did you go to the World photo walk there? I had never heard of that until recently, and will have to catch the next one. Is there a site to follow that? Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, and by the way, there is an app you can get that will always take you right to your car, so you don't have to have that nonchalant look. You can more adopt the look that you have a busy life, places to go and people to see. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. These are magnificent. LOVE the old door/handle. Maybe there will be snow in December...Thinking I might have to drag my brother along for a long, cold walk here in December!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. And I know what you mean about photography and taking note of my own back yard. Totally agree!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely photos! And that, my bloggy friend, is why I put everything on my desktop!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. You can never have/share too many photos, especially when they are as beautiful as these! We all often overlook the beauty that is right in front of us, each of us live in a special place. Thanks for sharing yours with us!

    ReplyDelete
  32. beautiful images... brought back memories of walks through the park with my husband and daughters when they were tiny and we lived near by, long ago. I hope you will join in the gratitude quilt this year... info about the project and how to participate is at the top of my blog:-)

    ReplyDelete