November 27, 2011

Scavenger Hunt Sunday (#17)...

Here's hoping you all had wonderful Thanksgiving celebrations this past week. Personally, I am going to make a more conscious effort to be thankful on a daily basis, rather than waiting til I plop out the cranberry sauce (WITH ridges!) yearly. (FYI, I found a wonderful trick on getting it out of the can unscathed!  Open one end with a can opener, punch a small hole in the other end of the can and blow thru it! Haha....guaranteed to cause wide-eyed amazement!)

Twas my birthday yesterday and I'd like to announce the arrival of my new baby....my Canon Rebel T3I!   BOO-YAH!  His name is  "James Dean".  Can anyone figure out how my mind works? He is still in his wrapping tho, haven't had time to sit down and get to know him yet. So I'm still using my point and shoot for now.

Honestly didn't think I'd have time to participate in the Scavenger Hunt this week, with the holiday prep and festivities, plus all my 'things' being home.  But I managed to scrounge and did it!  And, with only ONE photo from the archives.  So, here it goes:


1.  Waiting


"Homeward Bound"
Philadelphia International Airport


While killing time waiting for Thing #2's flight to arrive in Philly, I saw this little boy sprawled out on the floor with his mom sleeping on the chairs behind him waiting patiently for HIS flight.  Took this quickly, on the sly, in horrible lighting...so it was very grainy.  Which can only mean one thing....heavy editing and texture work.   But I like the way it turned out.  Kind of "Norman Rockwell-esque". 




2.  Foliage




This is the only foliage I have left!  It's all carpeting the ground and my Adirondack chairs now.




3.  Rules of Thirds


Okay, okay....so I was never very good at math!  This is probably closer to MY rule of "halves" :). 




4.  Knife, Fork, Spoon


Portobello Road Paella
London, England

So you'd THINK it would be easy to get a photo of a knife, fork or spoon Thanksgiving Week in America, wouldn't ya?!?!?  I just didn't pick up my camera too much this week. Lots of prime photo ops missed, but I captured EVERY moment I could sharing my family's company instead.  But here is a spoon in a HUGE vat of paella on Portobello Road from a Thanksgiving we spent in London.




5.  Candid


"Doggie Bag Please?"
Rittenhouse Square, Philadelphia, PA

I loved this little outdoor cafe' in Rittenhouse Square.  So many people had their little, and not so little, pups along with them.  If only MY pups were as well behaved and patient as THIS one!



One of the things I'm thankful for are all the wonderful people I have met thru the blog-o-sphere this past year.  Such talented artists that truly inspire me and keep me motivated.  So a big THANK YOU to you!   And as always, if you have the time I would urge you to hop over to Ashley's Scavenger Hunt at "Ramblings and Photos" and you will see why I am always so inspired!  Now....off to start my Christmas decorating....fa-la-la-la


--Kathy


linked to:
Scavenger Hunt Sunday







30 comments:

  1. Oh, I want Paella so bad now!! Love your waiting chot. And that is totally thirds (said another great math chick...)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your candid and foliage shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, hard to choose a favorite, but that really is a superb candid and the leaves on the white chair are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots. I love the waiting shot. At first glance I thought the boy was sitting in the suitcase. And I really think your foliage shot is beautiful, seeing the leaves on the chair and the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fabulous and yes, when I saw the thumbnail of the first one in my dashboard I immediately thought of Norman Rockwell - I have some that I got from my grandfather.

    Okay, you need to fire up Mr. James Dean!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun set of photos...your foliage shot is wonderful and your candid shot is so fun. Looking forward to seeing what you find next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that you named your new camera (Rebel Without a Cause, what a great movie).

    If I have to pick a favorite, it would have to be the foliage shot, wonderful perspective.

    Great post and such fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great set, love your waiting, great perspective on foliage, love your spoon and paella shot, plus it's made me really hungry. Yay, enjoy your rebel with a cause!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great set! Love the perspective of the foliage - need to try this with my blue chair -, your rule of thirds is perfect! Love the subject, the editing, just about everything. And what an interesting candid! Love your choice of selective coloring.
    Can't wait to see what you'll come up with your new camera:) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous...so fabulous! The perspective and leading lines in your 'foliage' is masterful...and the 'candid' couldn't be cuter if you tried :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the texture you placed on these! Hope you had a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love this entire set - but more importantly...Happy Birthday and congrats on your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  13. GREAT prompts as ALWAYS! Happy belated Birthday! For goodness sakes, get that Jimmy Dean out of the plastic wrap he will suffocate! Hope you picked up some snazzy, new, rubber, picture takin boots to go with your new camera!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my sweet friend I do hope you had the best Birthday ever. I can't wait to see all your lovely photos with you new camera. How fun!!! Your shot look great, I just love them all!!!

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a great candid shot . You will have so much fun with your new camera......how exciting! Have fun and I hope your birthday was fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hey Kathy-thanks for the laughter, again. Have I said how much I enjoy your sense of humor lately? Cranberry with ridges!! Right there with ya sistah and I am NOT trying that blowing thing. Simply open both ends with can opener and push thumb on the bottom lid. Cranberry sauce loaf. Very chic. Ya think you could have found a utensil this weekend? Geez.
    I'm betting that dog waiting at Rittenhouse is patiently drooling his head off. You only caught the rear.
    Enjoy the new cameral. Lucky girl. I have a Canon Rebel-very similar. In sincerity, if there's soemthing I can help with, please email me. Okey doke?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Kathy....really cool processing on this set....your "candid"shot is really cool. Your waiting shot is indicative to the holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  18. happy birthday for yesterday, how exciting to receive a new camera. I'm thinking your rule of thirds shot is precisely that. Enjoyed all your hunt finds.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice set! Love candid. Can't wait to see what you do with James Dean. Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the leaves on the chair shot. Oh how I long for a big girl camera aka Cannon Rebel. I can't wait to see the fruits of your birthday gift.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous rule of thirds & nothing says waiting like an airport! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These are outstanding shots. I can't imagine you doing any better with your new toy...Congratulations, by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. love your set! such great shots, all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so cute! You and your point and shoot. Congrats on the new camera! Just throw it on auto and give it a whirl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. love the leaves on the chair! beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the contrast of the red leaves on the white chair and the Portobello Market. Great set and interpretations.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, I missed your birthday...Happy Birthday, a little late. I bet it was super-duper with all your "things" at home. Love your set this week, but the dog shot is precious. Congrats on "Rebel" you will have fun, fun, fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love, love, love that foliage shot, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your last 2 shots are awesome...candid and spoon!!!!! Beautiful photo catches.

    ReplyDelete